Millions of American adults and youth report experiencing serious thoughts of suicide each year. Though there is much that can be done to prevent suicide, not everyone knows what to do. This is your opportunity to learn.
The ASIST workshop is for community members who want to feel more comfortable, confident and competent in helping to prevent the immediate risk of suicide.
Over one million caregivers have participated in this two-day, highly interactive, practical, practice-oriented workshop.
Participation in the full two days is required. Enjoy small group discussions and skills practice that are based upon adult learning principles. Experience powerful videos on suicide intervention. Feel challenged and safe. Learn suicide first aid.
Lotus Educational Services provides ASIST Workshops quarterly. Following is information about our upcoming workshops.
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) Workshop.
September 18th & 19th, 2014
Training 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (Sign in at 8:00)
The emphasis of this two day workshop is to prepare counselors, teachers, pastors/clergy, first responders, mental health professionals and community members with the skills needed to prevent the immediate risk of suicide.
After this workshop you will be able to:
~ Recognize invitations for help
~ Reach out and offer support
~ Review the risk of suicide
~ Apply a suicide intervention model
~ Link people with community resources
Register by September 12th – Seating is limited to the first 22 people
Contact: Marcia Ramstrom Marcia@The-Lotus-Center.com 530-440-6033
THIS WORKSHOP IS FULL. CHECK BACK FOR NOVEMBER 2014 SCHEDULE
ILSNC voice mail is down so if you call before or after hours please do call back between 8:30am-12pm noon and 1pm-4:30pm Monday thru Friday. Our technical team is working to get it back into operation, but until then call and talk to us live. We would love to be able to assist you!
Very interesting ideas and concepts. Check it out at this link.
1. Lap Top Computers/Digital Camera/Kindles
2. Food Gift Cards (In-n-Out, McDonalds, Wendy’s, Carl Jr.) for Resident Outings
3. Newspaper subscriptions for the home (2-USA Today’s)
4. Magazine subscriptions for the home (People, Sports Illustrated, etc.)
5. Cascade Theatre or River Front Play House tickets
6. Movie Passes (CINEMARK gift card)
7. Sponsor Bingo prizes for a month
8. Personal Hygiene Items (please call for details)
9. Wal-Mart Gift Cards
10. Portable DVD and CD players
11. Summer and Fall holiday décor or plants to living areas
12. CD’s: Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra
13. Sponsor shows and entertainment to come to Veterans home
14. Musical equipment: Electric or digital piano, guitar, silent drumming kit
15. Large print books and activity books
16. Dishes and coffee cups for kitchenettes
17. Décor for the living spaces (artificial plants, knick knacks, pictures)
18. Thank You and Birthday cards
19. Fishing Poles
For more information, contact Veteran’s Home 224-2829